Debtags not installable without Internet connection

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Wed Dec 7 13:25:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 02:32:50PM -0500, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> a friend of mine (Thomas) today complained, that debtags fails to
> install without an internet connection, leaving the system in a broken
> state. As we have discussed some time ago, it is probably no good to
> provide the debtags database with the debtags package. However there
> should be some kind of a fallback - Thomas suggested a dummy (empty) db
> or something like this. At least, the install must not fail!

And it doesn't :)
Please read http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=322286
(gotta add it to the FAQ)

If the package is crashing and it's not #341945 (which AFAICT should be
fixed as the bin-nmu with the new libstdc++ kicks in), then please ask
Thomas to file a bug report with the details of what is happening.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>