[Debtags-devel] Re: Recent progress

Erich Schubert Erich Schubert <erich.schubert@gmail.com>
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 02:05:21 -0800

Hi,
One more update:
I just committed my current version to svn. This uses transactions in
bdb to properly lock entries. It sucks. It is really really slow,
since I have to re-open the DB all the time. Its heavily I/O bound,
and still im apparently accumulating stale locks or so.
I bet I'm doing something wrong...

I just found the following comparision:
http://qdbm.sourceforge.net/benchmark.pdf

which suggests to try out tdb, maybe I'll understand that API better...

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\