[Debtags-devel] The rasterimage dilemma (was: Proposed Debtags goals for Etch)

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Fri Jul 22 18:54:05 UTC 2005

Hello,

> Uhm... it's interesting that by proposing a change to hide nasty jargon
> ("raster image") from users, you keep putting it in the description.
I only left it in because I thought some people put so much emphasize on
this and because I thought the examples made clear what was meant. I
would go well with the following:
        Tag: works-with::image
        Pixel based grapics, such as photos and scans

> if we are to change the tags instead, I'd do it to have some grouping:
>
> Tag: works-with::image
>
> Tag: works-with::image-raster
>
> Tag: works-with::image-vector

> Do you like it like this?
This is OK too. Though I think most average users would search for
something to do with their photos. Therefore works-with::image in the
rasterimage sense would be the fastest way for most users to produce the
best result. But its up to you to decide this.
Your approach has the advantage of being more extendable (e.g.
works-with images-3d...)

Greetings Ben