[Debtags-devel] Proposed Debtags goals for Etch

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 17:41:11 UTC 2005

Hi Enrico,

> Eric, I'm tired of such jokes of yours.  I'm spending hours (HOURS,
> damnit, HOURS, you realise that?) explaining you things in different
> ways just to get you to ignore all of my messages and answer with a

Maybe you just need to realize that I disagree with your point of view.

>   application::editing::text::plain
>   application::editing::text::html
>   application::viewing::text::html

This is not what I am suggesting. This is you doing the very same
thing you just complained about, twisting things around and so.
I'm talking about just treating
works-with
works-with::audio
works-with::audio::mp3
works-with::audio::mp3::lowbitrate
works-with::audio::mp3::lowbitrate::silence-only
etc. the same way without some special blah-blah about facets, groups, tags.
I'm *NOT* saying we should have tags like
gnome::text::editing::text::fortune::offensive
Like your examples seemed to suggest.

> can't make a good hierarchy out of tags in many cases.  Give me an
> example good hierarchy of the tags in the 'culture' facet, for example.

culture::western
culture::western::italian
culture::asian
culture::asian
culture:.asian::chinese

What's bad about this hierarchy?

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\