[Debtags-devel] The culture can of worms (was: Proposed Debtags goals for Etch)

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Mon Jul 25 13:55:23 UTC 2005

Enrico Zini wrote:
> I added culture::swedish.  What are the three different kinds of
> Norwegian, and can you point to some package supporting them?

We've already got them:
 culture::bookmal (a typo... well, strictly speaking it's Bokmål)
 culture::bokmaal (=ISO code nb, a "conservative" dialect)
 culture::norwegian (=no; see wikipedia on "Norwegian language")
 culture::nynorsk (=ISO code nn, a more "radical" dialect)
There are packages for, eg, openoffice.org-l10n-nb and
openoffice.org-l10n-nn, as well as ones that just say "Norwegian".

And naturally we also have ::danish, ::icelandic, ::faroese... but
somehow ::swedish got skipped.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)