[Debtags-devel] Lots of bugs fixed

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sun Jul 31 21:51:05 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 08:13:33PM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> > ...just like apt-cache search.  Very neat!
> Nice, far more user friendly than "debtags grep"!

So much.  After going a bit more mainstream, I heard people being
excited about being able to grep by binary expressions.  They I tried it
and wondered: "how come it doesn't show me the description?".

So, uh, well, I found a solution.  It was bothering me so much!

> > Wanted: volunteers to merge libtagcoll1 and tagcoll to be in the same
> > source package, and to merge libdebtags1 and debtags to be in the same
> > source package: that would make maintainance a bit simpler.
> Well, I think I could get my hands dirty here. It would be a good
> training in packaging some more complicated packages. However due to me
> still being untrained and mostly short of time, this could take a while.
> This step would involve moving the sources from one directory in SVN
> into the other correct?

Correct.  I'd proceed something like this:

 1) Copy [tagcoll/debtags]' trunk into branches/bigmerge
 2) Checkout bigmerge
 3) Copy in stuff from [libtagcoll1/libdebtags1]
 4) Adjust the build systems

Note that in this case it's very helpful that svn allows you to copy
files between different checkout paths: if for example you have
libtagcoll1/trunk checked out in /libtagcoll1 and
tagcoll/branches/bigmerge checked out in /tagcoll, you can do:

  svn cp /libtagcoll1/tagcoll /tagcoll/

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>