[Debtags-devel] Hello, and a few improved tag descriptions

Mike Paul mike@wyzardry.net
Sun, 05 Jun 2005 22:43:35 -0400

--=-RpftJGFs5jUjfviD7fjw

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 01:48 +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Maybe rather than discussin which one is best, I should study that
> libboost link on iterators and implement iterators on TagcollContainers,
> then see if some algorithms can be rewritten more efficiently using
> them.

I don't see a class named TagcollContainer...  do you mean
TagCollection::TagContainer?  (Still working on learning the code...)
That class uses std::map internally, so you could easily just wrap
std::map's iterators and maintain encapsulation.

> What do you mean here?  OpSet is just a tiny wrapper over std::set and
> should preserve all of std::set machinery that allows it to work with
> standard algorithms.  I probably didn't understand what you mean.

Well, that's why I said "think about" rather than that you definitely
are.  I wasn't sure whether OpSet was supposed to be a *different* API
for working with sets (and thus a higher level of abstraction), or an
extension to the existing one.  Since it sounds like you intend the
latter, just pretend I never said anything.  :-)
--=20
Mike Paul <mike@wyzardry.net>

--=-RpftJGFs5jUjfviD7fjw

--=-RpftJGFs5jUjfviD7fjw--