[Debtags-devel] Re: Recent progress

Thaddeus H. Black t@b-tk.org
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:42:00 +0000

--WYTEVAkct0FjGQmd

Brian Kimball wrote:

> Make it collaborative like a wiki and let every debian user on the net=20
> contribute tags. =20
>=20
> Do you guys even realize just how many debian tinkerers there are that=20
> would *love* to satisfy their OCD by correctly tagging and categorizing=
=20
> every single package in the archive?  They will be *excited* by new=20
> tags and additional vocabulary. "Gee wiz, there are 50 new tags!  I'll=20
> be spending the whole day scanning through the archive again! =20
> Alright!!!!"
>=20
> If you let everyone get involved you will have *no* problem with tagging=
=20
> completeness.  With the right amount of moderation and supervision you=20
> will also have very clean and correct data.

There is a good idea in this, Brian, I think.  I had not seen it in
quite this light.  I do not know if we are quite ready for the idea
yet---my sense of it is that we need perhaps fifteen months following
sarge's release---but stay with the list, and let us speak of it again.

--=20
Thaddeus H. Black
508 Nellie's Cave Road
Blacksburg, Virginia 24060, USA