[Debtags-devel] Another example of Faceted Categorization in Debian

Hervé Eychenne rv@eychenne.org
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:06:56 +0100

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 02:08:55AM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 04:25:30PM +0100, Hervé Eychenne wrote:
> > If you're looking for a simple interface to do arbitrary binary
> > expressions, I have one, written in C++.
> > I developped it for wflogs, the firewall log analyzer of the WallFire
> > project.

> Oh, interesting!  Do you have a screenshot for it?

Oh, I think we misunderstood.
When I was talking about an "interface", I meant an API, not an UI!! ;-)
You're obviously talking about a GUI, and I'm talking about a C++ class
implementing the evaluation of a generic binary expression.

Anyway if we're talking about a UI, it's not quite simple, right.
I see two possible approches:
- linear view: a field containing the expression, and contextual
  buttons (variables, operators, ...). Similar to the entry of the
  expression by hand, but with some contextual help.
- tree view: add/delete/edit node/leaf. More graphical, but more
  tedious to edit.

 Hervé

--
 _