[Debtags-devel] Another example of Faceted Categorization in Debian

Peter Rockai (mornfall) mornfall@kalyxo.org
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:53:28 +0000

On Monday 21 March 2005 01:46, Herv=E9 Eychenne wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 09:37:29PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
>
> Ok, this seems to be the gnome equivalent of kimdaba (kde).
> It would be nice that they would all rely on libtagcoll... but it's
> not the case... :-(
I think kimdaba is using some weird xml to store it's metadata. And digikam=
 (a=20
better looking, IMO better designed and nicer to use package; it provides a=
=20
lot of tag/facet functionality already and more is in the works) is using=20
sqlite database for this. Not sure libtagcoll would be useful for them, sin=
ce=20
they have to store a lot of other data besides tags and relational database=
=20
is pretty fast way to look up tags anyway, already...

>  Herv=E9

=2D-=20
Peter Rockai | mornfall()kalyxo!org | prockai()redhat!com | +421907533216
  http://blog.mornfall.net