[Debtags-devel] Debtags news

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Fri, 13 May 2005 17:48:25 +0200

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

Hello,

I've uploaded to experimental all the new code except for the
libdebtags-perl wrapper, which still needs some fixes wrt generation of
the manpage.

In the meantime, I made some changes in the repository:

 - Renamed libtagcoll to libtagcoll1
 - Renamed libdebtags to libdebtags1
 - Moved what was in libdebtags-perl into autodebtag (since autodebtag
   uses it)
 - Created libdebtags-perl with the SWIG perl binding to libdebtags1

Now libtagcoll and libdebtag can coexist with older versions.

libdebtags1 also generates python-debtags.

The two libraries do not generate shared library packages, in order to
force packages to link statically.  This fixes the problems with ABI
changes.

The two libraries also generate -pic packages, so that the python and
perl bindings, that generate shared libraries, can link against PIC
code.  It took quite a while to get the packaging right, but now, alas,
we have it!

The perl binding currently segfaults on exit, but I haven't been able to
trace why.  Interestingly enough, the perl script runs just fine, and
only segfaults after it's finished, in some C++ destructor.

This is quite nice news: now we can do some prototypes in python and
perl.  /me thinks interface prototypes... yum! yum!

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz--