[Debtags-devel] New version of Debtags stuff uploaded to experimental

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Tue, 24 May 2005 15:30:29 +0200

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

Hello,

I've just uploaded a new version of the various debtags stuff into
experimental.

Erich, would you like to have a look at the new debtags edit and its
smart selection of toplevel facets?  We have a pending discussion about
the use of hierarchies, and that feature should be a proof of concept
for my point that we can do without.

You can see, for example, that hwtech disappears from the top list and
reappears once you choose hardware::something.  Same happens with
games::* and use::gaming, accessibility and interface::*, and so on.

This way, hierarchies are automatically built according to the tag data,
and facets self-organise in hierarchies.  Plus, a facet ends up having
multiple parents as needed: for example, you find games::* both if you
go down use::gaming and down uitoolkit::sdl.

Let me know if that makes sense to you.  Sorry for the slowness of
generating the toplevel facet list every time. :(

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI--