[Debtags-devel] Debconf5 Debtags paper

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Tue, 31 May 2005 23:07:21 +0200

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 06:27:00PM +0000, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:

Thaddeus, thanks for the patch and review!  It's very encouraging, and
very helpful!

Especially thanks for the part about debram, I had no idea if I should
cover it or not and you did it perfectly.

I integrated your patches, with a few changes.  I think the result has
improved a lot.

> I regret that I will not be in Helsinki to hear your
> talk in person.  Hopefully the talk will catalyze the
> widespread interest we have seen toward Debtags into
> widespread action.  I suspect that it might succeed in
> this.  Good luck.

Thanks!  I'm very curious to see what will come out.

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 06:35:29PM +0000, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:

> Enrico, I apologize.  My bad manners are unintentional.
> This is what happens when one gets in a hurry.  The
> misformatted paragraph in the previous post seems like
> adverse criticism and should have been sent to you only
> privately, not posted on the list.

It doesn't really look like bad manners at all :)

I think it also makes quite a lot of sense.  I hope the paper got better
after integrating your suggestions: at least in the abstract, the
problem is now much clearer.

I'm now going to submit everything to Debconf 5.  If there is further
space for improvements, the paper is in our repository,

Thanks again!

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga--