[Debtags-devel] Alternative tag patch for Java and .NET

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Fri Nov 4 13:53:48 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 02:34:04PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:

> I've tried to ask about the .NET name in a couple of #mono IRC channels,
> but with little luck.

Of course answers come just after submit :)

From #mono in GIMPNet:

14:10 < enrico> Hello.  At debtags (http://debtags.alioth.debian.org), categorizing
                Debian packages, we're currently discussing mono.  We created a
                category for the C# language, but then there's more than C# in .NET
                and we're discussing a category for .NET in general.  An obvious one
                is devel::dotnet, but we don't know if there are trademark issues, nor
                if in the Linux world we prefer a different name.  What would you
                suggest?
14:45 < jonp> enrico: i'd suggest cli or ecma-cli (cli == Common Language
              Infrastructure, the title of the ECMA-335 standard)
14:49 < enrico> jonp: ecma-cli is interesting
14:53 < enrico> jonp: thanks

Let's see what comes out of the mail to mono-doc as well.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>