[Debtags-devel] Some p2p protocols for filetransfer::

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Sat Nov 5 19:19:12 UTC 2005

Martin Spasov wrote:
> +Tag: filetransfer::dc
> +
> +Tag: filetransfer::torrent
> +
> +Tag: filetransfer::edonkey
> +
> +Tag: filetransfer::nap
> +
> +Tag: filetransfer::soulseek

We certainly seem to be short on p2p protocols.  But...
* Is it possible we could get by with a single ::p2p tag?  With
	thousands of packages to classify, it seems unbalanced to
	create categories with memberships as tiny as ::soulseek.
* Why put them under the filetransfer:: facet?  All it contains is
	duplicates of a few protocol:: tags, without even covering
	all of the protocols usable for transferring files.

(This is a gripe I've mentioned before: redundant duplicate tags
like filetransfer::http and protocol::http just distort package
resemblance scores.  I'd like to see the filetransfer:: facet
abolished.)

> +Tag: filetransfer::gnutella

One last thing: is this "Gnutella p2p protocol (v1 or v2)"?  Or is
there really such a thing as a half p2p protocol?
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)