[Debtags-devel] New (experimental) Debtags package search page

Torsten Marek shlomme at gmx.net
Wed Nov 16 13:00:43 UTC 2005

Enrico Zini schrieb:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 07:22:19PM +0100, Torsten Marek wrote:
>

>>Too bad I don't know anything about AJAX, but I hope I can be helpful
>>with other stuff.
>

> Oh, you so are!
>

>>While I was browsing around, I noticed that it would be beneficial if
>>quasi-subfacets like devel::lang: and made-of::lang: would be displayed on their
>>own level. Of course, this can be done without introducing eg. devel::lang as a
>>separate tag with it's own description, but I cannot think of it right now. Do
>>you have any ideas for that?
>

> I don't think I get what you mean here.  What do you mean with 'on their
> own level'?
Software Development / Programming (devel)
  * Application profiling and optimization (devel::profiler)
  * Assembly and machine code development (devel::machinecode)
  * Bug tracking tools (devel::bugtracker)
  * Programming Languages (devel::lang)
    * Ada Development (devel::lang:ada)
    * Tcl Development (devel::lang:tcl)

Something like that.

>>Otherwise, I'm carrying around the ideas of tag properties (like:
>>"abstract" for devel::lang, "exotic" for rare categories, so that they
>>can be hidden in the GUI etc), but I haven't made a braindump of this
>>idea yet.
>

> I'm not sure about tag properties, or at least the ones you suggest can
> be probably implemented differently: if a tag has to be 'abstract'
> probably it just shouldn't exist, while 'exotic' tags can already be
> automatically computed as tags assigned to only a small number of
> packages.
"Abstract" is poorly chosen. The property should say that a category (like
devel::lang) is only used for sub-grouping and not for actually tagging packages.

best regards

Torsten

- --
Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net>
ID: A244C858 -- FP: 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E A244 C858
Keyserver: subkeys.pgp.net