[Debtags-devel] What about the lonely tags?

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Nov 19 14:31:51 UTC 2005

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 02:28:27PM +0100, Torsten Marek wrote:

> so all those unfaceted tags can be removed? That makes the tags file ~6% smaller.

The idea [1] is that some of those legacy tags might still convey some
data, so one should double-check them before removing them.

To distinguish between "facet-tags" and legacy facetless tags (like
'bbs'), however, one could proceed with a renaming of the facetless tags
into 'legacy::*' first, then removing all the rest.

Or, I might even be fine with just going on and removing all of them:
there is probably not much information left anyway, and the effort of
preserving it might be higher than the effort of readding the same
amount of information.

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debtags-devel/2005-November/001007.html
--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>