[Debtags-devel] Cool AJAX Package Search!

Gustavo Franco gustavorfranco at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 16:11:36 UTC 2005

On 11/24/05, Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm proud to announce that our beloved
>
>   http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi
>
> is now nicely AJAXed!
>
> It's now fast, cool and much nicer on Alioth's resources.
>
> I now realize that it's fairly easy to refactor it as a static HTML page
> that loads package data from the server as needed.  It's probably the
> next thing I'll do.  Quite cool indeed!

Hi Enrico,

That looks great. FYI, i was thinking in how convert the tags to
Google Base, adding short package description and vocabulary
description too. I did some initial tests that is already there, but
not like the cool current interface yet. I'll report back the
progress.

--
Gustavo Franco - <stratus at debian.org>