[Debtags-devel] Tags for C#/.NET

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Fri Oct 28 11:14:02 UTC 2005

Torsten Marek wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just noticed this browsing through the untagged packages in the
> packagebrowser.
>
> Although there is a made-of::lang:c-sharp, there should also be
> langdevel::c-sharp.

That seems logical.  But how many potential langdevel::c-sharp
packages are there?  The only things I see tagged langdevel::TODO
are the dozens of packages for development in prolog and GNU
octave...

> There should also be a tag for .NET, since the mono
> libraries should not get langdevel::c-sharp (although this is the language
> they're used with most nowadays). But should it be langdevel::{dotnet,clr,cli}?
> Or better something with the devel:: facet? And is mono big enough to get
> suite::mono?

I'll leave this debate to people who know something about it.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)