[Debtags-devel] protocol::snmp

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Thu Sep 15 10:01:36 UTC 2005

Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
> I suggest protocol::snmp tag.

Sounds good to me.

I've got a backlog of wishlist tag proposals I was about to start
sorting through (since I've come to a natural place to pause in my
tagging efforts).  One of my top candidates was protocol::ssh, which
should replace protocol::sftp.

I was also wondering about how to tag the many packages like xnetload
that monitor local interfaces for bandwidth usage etc (rather than
doing "network scans", which is how a lot of them are currently
mislabelled).  These probably want an extra tag somewhere, but I'm
not sure where (protocol::snmp won't help here).  It would be good
if it could be organised so that the new tag could combine
effectively with other use:: tags besides use::monitoring.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)