[Debtags-devel] Template engines

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 10:53:31 UTC 2005

Hi,
> I'd like to have a tag to cover libtemplate-perl, python-cheetah,
> smarty, and velocity together. Perhaps devel::template?

I think we had a webdevelopment tag for these. The term "templating"
is not that clearly defined. Is a "language" which has iterator
constructs and conditionals not a full programming language? When is
it a template engine?
Is libhtml-mason-perl a templating engine? Is zope one? Is PHP one? Is
XSLT a templating system?

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\