[proposal] Simplified junior tags & debtags-based replacement for metapackages

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sun Apr 2 17:00:11 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:02:09PM +0200, Free Ekanayaka wrote:

> Definitely I agree, I also think "suite" suites (:)) more than "task",
> but  the clash with  dak terminology still  holds. Maybe explaining in
> some  document the  difference of  the  two uses of   "suite" would be
> enough to avoid confusion.

Oh, well, I don't care too much about name clash: they're sometimes
impossible to avoid.  'tags' was used before debtags (I don't remember
by what, but it might be mentioned in [1]) and is now used by the BTS
usertags.  And then you have HTML tags.

My feeling is that if you want to be unique these days you risk ending
up with either a long name or a meaningless name.

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/deb-usability-list/2003-May/000139.html
--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>