debtags debian packages

Gustavo Franco stratus at debian.org
Mon Apr 24 17:16:37 UTC 2006

On 4/20/06, Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 02:32:09PM +0200, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
> (...)
> This current tagcoll upload is a lucky shot because I only fixed the
> tests, so it doesn't impact on the rest of the toolchain.
>
> Note that if you rebuild a new version of tagcoll and then you try to
> rebuild tagcolledit in pbuilder, pbuilder will by default fetch the old
> libtagcoll-dev from the ftp servers: you need a bit of pbuilder hackery
> to get it right, and that's one of the main reasons I'm calling for
> help: I want to focus on the upstream source rather than in setting up
> complex build systems.

Arnau, i recommend that you setup a parallel (internal only if you want)
debtags package repository with reprepro, debootstrapping a sid system
using pbuilder
pointing to that repository too. I usually call these special chroots,
base-sid+$project.tgz
in my own setup.

With the scenario above, after upgrading and testing a package in
debtags toolchain you
can upload it locally (to your private debtags repository), update
your base-sid+debtags.tgz
chroot tarball with pbuilder and test a build against the next package
in the toolchain
over that.

> (...)

Btw, i can review and upload debtags packages too.

Cheers,
-- stratus