debtags debian packages

Jeroen van Wolffelaar jeroen at wolffelaar.nl
Mon Apr 24 19:53:39 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 02:15:46PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 02:32:09PM +0200, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
>
> > I don't know very well C++ but i can learn anyway ;). It isn't a problem
> > at all...
>
> Things could get tricky by the level of usage we have in the various
> debtags packages.  But maybe you can get away with a very good knowledge
> of the linker :)
>
> > So, do you think, i can  adopt all debtags packages without problem ? If
> > yes, i can tag the RFA bug as ITA. What do you think ?
>
> I think we better do comaintainance, together with Jeroen van Wolffelaar
> who already knows the debtags toolchain.
>
> There's this tagcoll upload to do now, it's quite a simple one and it
> doesn't require rebuilding of the rest of the toolchain.
>
> I suggest Jeroen does it, and in the meantime you get acquainted with
> the various debtags packages by trying to rebuild the entire thing in a
> pbuilder.  That way when the need comes, we all know what to do :)

Well, the upload only fixed part of the problem, unfortunately --
there's at least one more bug here, and it looks like a compiler bug on
some of our architectures. Since an old tagcoll is causing problems for
amd64 in testing... Any help appreciated here!
http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/package.php?p=tagcoll is a
starting point.

--Jeroen

--