hardware::smp

Kari Pahula kaol at debian.org
Fri Dec 1 15:48:19 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 09:53:01AM +0000, Justin B Rye wrote:
> I recently argued that a new tag "hardware::cpu" would be adequate
> instead of a large number of tags for particular kinds of processor;
> I think the same argument fits here too.

Ok, perhaps hardware::smp would be a bit too specific.  But still, it
would be nice to have some way to differentiate between bzip2 and
pbzip2.  Being useful for parallel computing is IMHO a noteworthy
attribute.  Software written with that in mind does take distinctly
different features.

Some ideas:
use::parallelisation (ew, long)
use::computing::parallel (doesn't quite convince me either)
use::parallel-computing (maybe?)

This tag would be applicable to pbzip2 and things like mpich and
distributed-net too.