Tag for sound files?

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Mon Dec 11 00:23:28 CET 2006

Erich Schubert wrote:
>> 1. Move made-of::data:* to data::*.
>
> I'd prefer to keep the number of facets down, and since data::
> describes the contents of the package, made-of::data::* seems
> appropriate. The question is whether we need the data: grouping, or it
> should be made-of::music

The -::data:- element is vestigial.  Once, made-of:: contained
::data: and ::lang: subsections, but then made-of::lang:perl etc
were all moved to implemented-in::.

>>2. Add data::sound, data::music, data::voice.
>
>> These 3 categories are clearly separable. "sound" is as in "sound
>> effect", like ding.wav, chime.wav in Microsoft Windows. "music" is for
>
> Maybe it should be made-of::data::sound-effect then.

If we have a made-of::audio with subcategories it could be called
made-of::audio:fx.  I don't know if that's the best approach,
though, I'm just mentioning it as an option.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)