LANGUAGE tag for fonts

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Sun Dec 31 02:28:43 CET 2006

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> What I like to see is a Tag like
>
>     Font::Language::<lang1> <lang2>
>
> Pleas can you provide such tag?

It's the culture:: facet you're looking for, though you may need
culture::TODO for now.  And it's only one value per tag!

(The culture:: facet is misnamed, in my opinion, but I should
probably mention that this isn't a matter of languages, either -
fonts are specific to writing-systems, not languages.)

> It would be a realy great benefit for ALL USERS who do not use
> english as there native language.

Agreed.

> So, now tell me where are the nepalese fonts are!

If you're knowledgeable about this subject but the packages can't
easily be found with (eg) "apt-cache search nepal" then we'd
appreciate any help you can give us in getting the right packages
tagged!
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)