Further ideas for Debtags AI

Alex de Landgraaf alex at delandgraaf.com
Tue Jun 13 21:58:05 UTC 2006

Erich Schubert wrote:
> Independent of your schedule and such (btw, one of my exams was pushed
> back for a week, so I'll be busy for one more week), some ideas I'd
> love to see you research, too

Hi Erich,

I've added your ideas to my wiki, should be interesting to delve further
into datamining the tagset, should fit well with gathering statistics on
the naive bayes and other classifiers.

My own schedule has become very busy (exams and paper deadlines this and
last week, and I'll be away next week as stated in the proposal). I
don't think I'm putting enough effort into Debtags as I should, but
starting with the 3rd week of June it'll finally be summer and I'll make
sure I'm back on track quick enough.

BTW, you said in one of your emails that you wanted some UI mockups. Do
you have any preference on having this web-based (ajax \o/) or GTK-based
(debtags-edit-like)?

Was thinking along the lines of a web-based interface frontend:
- - User selects one or more packages (with auto-completion)
- - User selects one or more tags (ditto.)
- - User selects if the selected tags should be added to or removed from
the selected packages
- - User either choses to submit changes (mail to central DB) or evaluates
changes against AI tagger (each combination is evaluated, choice to
submit changes afterwards)

Also wanted to get the approval-process at least partially online, as
the current way to approve or deny submissions isn't very efficient
(sorry Enrico :)
- - Tag Admin logs in
- - Tag Admin sees new submissions per tag, selects the tags he/she wants
evaluated
- - For each tag all package-tag combinations are evaluated via the AI
tagger. Combinations > 0.80 are automatically set to approve, < 0.2 are
automatically set to reject, rest are left for the Tag Admin to decide.
- - Tag Admin hits big red "Make It So" button, after which the changes
are submitted into SVN.

Both shouldn't be too much work, and should both speed up
mass-submitting new package-tag combinations and make the
approval-process a lot easier for our poor Tag Admin.

Maybe I'm straying too far off? Thoughts?

cheers,

Alex

- --
| Alex de Landgraaf            | The cure for boredom is curiosity |
| Student AI & CS, VU, A'dam   |  There is no cure for curiosity   |
| Phone: 06-16844084           |                                   |
| GPG: http://www.alextreme.org/key_alex.asc    /'-'\              |
| www.alextreme.org & www.morphix.org          ( o o )             |