vocabulary structure [facet coherence]

Peter Rockai me at mornfall.net
Wed Jun 28 11:50:02 UTC 2006

Hi, in an attempt to get the discussion back on track...

One of my gripes with the current vocabulary is incoherence of facets. The
devel:: and made-of:: ones are good examples of the problem.

Under devel::, there are both "interesting for language X" and "purpose within
development" tags. So i think that should be separate facets.

With made-of::, the situation is probably more complicated, because different
people have different definitions of what "made-of" means and the tagging is
all confused. Basically, the trend is that made-of::lang:X means "implemented
in X" and made-of::data:X means "important part of content of the package is
X". That again means that the facet should be probably split into two separate
facets which will both have clearly defined and understandable meaning.

Yours, Peter.

--
Peter Rockai | me()mornfall!net | prockai()redhat!com | +421907533216