vocabulary structure [tag (non-)hierarchy]

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Wed Jun 28 14:34:04 UTC 2006

Peter Rockai wrote:
> To pick an example under role::sw:amusement. There, the hierarchy is
> software->amusement, but the properties of being software and being amusing
> are orthogonal. There can be an amusing piece of text (fortune data packages
> come to mind). The "amusement" bit probably belongs under use:: (purpose).

There's an awful lot of debate in the list archives about where the
dividing lines between role::sw categories should go, so summarising
the reasoning behind them would be tricky.

Looking back, I see I was at one point arguing against creating (its
precursor) role::sw:game and in favour of merging role::sw:* into
one tag, so maybe I should just leave you to it.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)