IRC discussion summary about using debtags to replace tasksel for CDDs

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Fri Mar 3 02:15:30 UTC 2006

Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 01:34:35PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>
>> So now, the real problem, is to get APT supporting what you need
>> (update.d hooks) and then all the rest is trivial to implement?
>
> Then we need also aptitude and synaptic and update-notifier to implement
> the hooks, since the update code isn't shared in the library, but copied
> and pasted from apt-get.cpp and then customized.

Looks like we need to fix this design issue then. IMHO, we might try
to figure out a common code for those applications. If all those use
the same basic information from the system they can also handle a
common base code for update process.

We might have a code to be able to handle application specific code
using polimorfism.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855