[PROPOSAL] Re: What tags first?

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Thu Mar 16 11:18:50 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 05:52:08AM -0500, C Shore wrote:

> possible to add a [not-applicable] to all facets?  I've been doing a
> quick browse through the packages installed on my system to try to
> figure out which of them needs tagging, and on what facets, and
> discovered that most of them have a least a couple of tags, but I don't
> see any easy way to do a search for partially tagged packages (which
> will be especially problematic as new tags are added).

Hello C Shore,

that's a really nice idea.  It also seems fairly simple to implement:

 - add to every facet a special:not-applicable tag
 - add to every facet a special:not-yet-tagged tag
 - rename the TODO tag in special:todo
 - for every missing facet in a package, automatically add the
   facet::special-not-yet-tagged tag
 - strip all the facet::special:* tags when exporting tags from the
   central database

The idea is so good that I could even start doing it this afternoon,
unless someone says something against it.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>