Pbuilder debtags environment

Enrico Zini enrico at debian.org
Sun May 21 07:43:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 11:38:18AM +0200, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:

> I  tried  to build  debtags  using  modified  version of  tagcoll  (only
> changelog) and then used this  package in pbuilder for building debtags,
> everything works  fine. So my pbuilder environment  is debtags-ready ;).
> In  addition,  i know  Gustavo  Franco,  which  could be  interested  by
> reviewing debtags packages in addition of my sponsor.

Hello!

We finally have a problem to solve: bug #358493.

What happens is that building with g++ 4.0 on alpha fails, so we have to
compile tagcoll with whatever compiler in default on the various
architectures, but explicitly with g++ 4.1 on alpha.

This involves updating the build dependencies to depend on g++ 4.1 only
on alpha (g++ with default version should be in build-essentials
anyway), and update debian/rules so that it exports CXX=g++-4.1 to
./configure when "dpkg-architecture -i alpha" returns 0.

I won't do this tonight because I'm spent.  It is also nontrivial to me
to lookup how to conjure the versioned-only-one-arch build-depend.

For CDBS instead, it should just be something like:

ifeq ($(shell dpkg-architecture -ialpha && echo use-4.1),use-4.1)
  export CXX=g++-4.1
endif

The stable version of tagcoll to work on is at:

  svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/debtags/tagcoll/trunk

Please let me know if you can't do it.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>