Tag request: suite::xmms2

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Nov 27 19:49:26 CET 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 06:43:01PM +0100, Andrea Bolognani wrote:

> I wonder if we should also add a suite::mpd tag.
> There are currently sevent programs in testing providing the mpd-client virtual
> package, and some other packages containing libraries related to mpd.

I don't know: for xmms2 it was quite uncontroversial since we still have
xmms, and apt-cache search xmms2 shows a long list of plugins.

I don't know about mpd, and the suite::* facet is a controversial one:

  http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debtags-devel/2005-July/000562.html
  http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debtags-devel/2005-October/000910.html

I wouldn't object adding a suite::mpd, but I don't want to end up with
an unmanageable facet that has a tag every 15 Debian packages.

Where to draw the line, I currently have no idea.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>