arch specific tags

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Tue Nov 28 00:38:50 CET 2006

Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 06:34:17PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
>
>> I just noticed there are no arch specific tags, i.e. for tagging bootloaders.
>
> This seems to map into something like:
>
>   hardware::arch:i386
>   hardware::arch:arm
>   hardware::arch:...
>
> Objections?

Would there be enough packages using each of these tags to be worth
the upkeep?  The silo source-package already has metadata for
"Architecture: sparc".

It seems to me that most arch-targeted packages aren't going to be
things like lilo, they're going to be development packages for
PalmOS and the like.  I don't know whether that's m68k or arm, but
I'm pretty sure it's hardware::embedded.

(Boot-managers like lilo would be entitled to an admin::foreign-os
tag, if that existed; the traditional "Section: otherosfs" still has
no equivalent in debtags...)
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)