debtags update called from packagesearch results in /var/lib/debtags/* files to have restricitve permissions

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Mon Oct 9 21:56:54 UTC 2006

Hello,

when updateing the debtags index via packagesearch (which simply
executes "debtags update" inside a terminal emulator) the files in
the /var/lib/debtags directory end up with permissions to restrictive:

        > ll /var/lib/debtags/
        total 3206
        -rw-r----- 1 root root 1237083 2006-10-09 23:48 apt.tag
        -rw-r----- 1 root root   67198 2006-10-09 23:48 apt.voc
        -rw-r----- 1 root root  871432 2006-10-09 23:48 package-tags
        -rw-r----- 1 root root  532896 2006-10-09 23:48 package-tags.idx
        -rw-r----- 1 root root  464944 2006-10-09 23:48 pkgidx.idx
        -rw-r----- 1 root root   67287 2006-10-09 23:48 vocabulary
        -rw-r----- 1 root root   22160 2006-10-09 23:48 vocabulary.idx

It seems not to help, when I wait for some time after having executed
"debtags update" before doing anything else.
A normal "debtags update" executed from the command line does not show
this effect and even fixes all permissions except for pkgidx.idx.

I have no idea where this might come from. Any help would be
appreciated.

Best regards

Ben