Status of things in sid and svn

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Thu Sep 14 09:13:51 UTC 2006

tagcoll:
 - version in sid is 1.6.3-1, which correspond exactly to what in svn is
   svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debtags/tagcoll/1.6

libapt-front
 - version in sid is 0.3.9+b1, had no correspondence to a directory in
   svn.  I've now made a branch of what was 0.3.10 in svn and changed it
   to be exactly the same as is in sid.  The result is
   svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/libapt-front/release/0.3.9

 - version 0.3.10 is the next candidate version.  The changes from 0.3.9
   are the fix to make it build on ia64 and a cosmetic change in
   Path::access that I don't know where it came from and I'm considering
   reverting.

 - before releasing 0.3.10, a few later patches from 0.4 need to be
   backported.  The most relevant of which: the tag index in 0.3.10
   fails to find the new works-with-format::* tags because of a weird
   issue with sorting.

Urgent things needed on sid if we don't upload the new codebase just
yet:

 1. last touches to apt-front 0.3.10 and uploading so that it finds
    works-with-format::* and builds on ia64
 2. uploading a new debtags package with the newer vocabulary inside, so
    that I can send to aj the new tag data with the transitions that we
    did some time ago
 3. uploading of debtags-edit, packagebrowser and adept rebuilt with
    apt-front 0.3.10 so that they find the works-with-format::* tags

I'll try to take care of at least 1 and 2 tonight.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>