admin::hardware

Ethan ethan.glasser.camp at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 01:58:05 UTC 2007

Hi,

It seems that any tag which has a hardware::* tag is going to have an
admin::hardware tag too. And it seems that if a package has an
admin::hardware tag but no hardware::* tag, this means that there's no
appropriate tag for this hardware. In other words, the only time a user will
want the admin::hardware tag is when they are looking through hardware::*
and can't find one that fits better. In addition, although hardware support
is certainly part of systems administration, many people who do not consider
themselves systems administrators may be looking for packages which support
their hardware.

For these reasons, I would like to see admin::hardware moved someplace else,
for instance works-with::hardware or hardware::support. I think
works-with::hardware is more elegant, but I think hardware::support will be
easier for someone not familiar with debtags to find.

Ethan