Crossing debtags and popcon

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Fri Feb 2 13:55:57 CET 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 10:18:54AM +0000, Justin B Rye wrote:

> infrastructure.  If your /etc/apt/sources.list specifies "etch" and
> your /etc/debtags/sources.list points at the alioth tag-archive, you
> are currently capable of making useful contributions; but after the
> release, you're going to start seeing inapplicable tags (eg: Etch's
> foo-media-player being role::dummy, Lenny/Sid's being role::program
> works-with-format::mp4) and you may even end up misguidedly
> contributing "corrections".  Is there any plan to set up separate
> tag (and vocabulary?) archives?

In fact yes: if you leave your sources.list to the default "tags
apt://", then the tags will be taken from the Packages file, which
should contain tags that have been frozen at the time of the release.

It should also use the vocabulary shipped with the debtags package,
which should as well have been frozen at the time of the release.

Unless I'm missing something, we should have gotten this for free when
the tags have been added to the Packages file.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>