Crossing debtags and popcon

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Wed Jan 31 23:26:26 CET 2007

Hello,

have a look: http://people.debian.org/~enrico/popsuggest.php

Given a popcon submission, it finds similar systems and provide package
suggestions based on them.  Then the results are presented broken down
by tag, and tags can also be used to filter the results to specific
contexts (like games, gui apps or software development).

I think it's a remarkable prototype showing the potential that we all
have.

By the way, python-debian finally entered unstable, and it contains a
tiny little juicy module called debtags.py, and a number of really cool
examples that use it.  I blogged about some of them recently.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>