field:religion tag?

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Thu Jun 21 21:01:39 UTC 2007

Daniel Glassey wrote:
> Hi,
> I maintain the packages bibletime and gnomesword which are bible
> browsing packages. I know there are other packages in the archive that
> cover different religious texts.

Also a couple of religious-calendar apps, etcetera.

> Would it be a good idea to have either,
> a field:religion (or wherever religion would be appropriate)

field::religion... that's an interesting idea.  We may need to
specify in the Description that Vi/Emacs doesn't count.

> or culture:christianity, culture:islam, culture:judaism ...

To me this has always sounded like more potential trouble than it's
worth.  Despite the name, the culture:: facet is really used for
locales.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)