Uploaded "pkg" to unstable

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Thu May 31 23:24:09 UTC 2007

Hello,

a new library called "pkg" is now sitting in the NEW queue on its way to
unstable.

Background: maintaining libept was too difficult for me, and I didn't
need all of its complexity.  After various discussions with mornfall on
IRC about what went wrong with libept and how things could be done
right, I've started to work on "pkg".

The intent of pkg is to provide access to many data providers in a
simple way.  APT and Debtags are already implemented, popcon and a
xapian full-text index of package descriptions should be coming soon.

The intent of "pkg" is not to provide an enhanced APT wrapper that does
100% of what APT does and more, but to provide easy access to the most
useful features of lost of different data sources about packages.

I've already ported debtags and debtags-edit to it, and as soon as pkg
passes NEW I'm going to upload the pkg version of debtags and
debtags-edit to unstable as well.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>