flasm tags not in Packages files?

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Tue Sep 4 19:22:31 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 07:19:18PM +0200, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> > Any ideas why that might be?
>
> AFAIK, the Packages file is not synced automatically with the tags database.
> Last time I asked, manual intervention was necessary for this to happen.

Yeah, but this time something seems to have been lost.

For example, I'm 100% sure that in the past the "ocaml" package had
tags accessible via apt-cache, but now:

  $ apt-cache show ocaml|grep Tag
  $

I don't think it's a coincidence that
http://packages.debian.org/sid/ocaml shows no tags at all for "ocaml".
The same happens for "flasm" previously mentioned in this thread,
whereas "bash" shows tags both with apt-cache and on
packages.debian.org.

It seems some tag sets have been dropped for unstable or something like
that; /me speaking only with a poor knowledge of the tags propagation
workflow ...

Cheers.