debtags for wnpp bugs?

Jérémy Bobbio lunar at debian.org
Wed Feb 27 13:12:19 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 08:46:10PM +0100, Luca Brivio wrote:
> often it seems to me that wnpp bugs could be more useful than they are. For
> example, when one search the lists for (new) packages to maintain or to help
> with, she has nearly no way to quickly select packages based on some
> criteria. […]
>
> My idea is that facets and tags would be a far better way to have prospective
> and orphaned packages organized. […]

I was in FOSDEM last week-end and I have seen Enrico's talk about
apt-xapian-index [1].  This package can feed a Xapian database from various
sources in an extensible way.  Debtags are already implemented as such
source, package descriptions are another.

I wonder if by creating another apt-xapian-source from wnpp would not
solve the problem you are mentioning in an easier and better way. :)

[1] http://packages.debian.org/apt-xapian-index

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar at debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism