tags suggestions

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Wed Jul 30 21:20:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 03:13:25PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions.  Let's have a look:

> suite::bsd

Can you name about 7 packages that would use this?

> use::scripting or something similar (for shell, perl, python, php, etc.)

The way I see it, something like a shell or python doesn't have to have
a use: that is, you can use them for pretty much any purpose.

We are talking, that is, as the main user's goal for the software.
Like, if we were talking about hammers, we could say "planting nails",
but if we were talking about a sphere, we couldn't mention one main use
for it.

> works-with::software:scripts (for interpreters, obfuscators, etc.)

You can use works-with::software:source for that.

> devel::lang:shell (for dash, bash, ksh, pdksh, mksh, zsh, but NOT csh/tcsh)
> maybe you've got to add devel::lang:csh too though ;) dunno about heirloom-sh

This one's difficult: there are many shells, but every shell has some
scripting differences, which makes me worry whether "devel::lang:shell"
would mean anything at all for practical purposes.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>