Tags from the security team now acquired

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Jun 30 15:08:30 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've implemented the acquisition of the security team tags from
svn://svn.debian.org/svn/secure-testing/data/package-tags

The script that generates the tag database is this one:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debtags/tagdb/get-secteam-tags?op=file

The vocabulary with the tag descriptions is here:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debtags/vocabulary/trunk/security-team?op=file
I am happy to give you commit access to it, just give me a list of
alioth user names.

The tags generated by get-secteam-tags are merged with the other tags
only when preparing the tag override files.

This is done so that they cannot be seen in the web tag editor, which is
a bug as well as a feature: a bug because it would be nice to see them
anywhere, but a feature because the web editor has currently no concept
of read-only tags, so whatever is seen can also be edited, and we don't
want these tags to be editable by anyone except the security team.

The vocabulary is merged with the normal debtags vocabulary when
building the debtags source package, then it gets installed as part of
the debtags package.  I've just uploaded a new version of debtags that
includes the current security team tags.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>