offline mail writing (was Re: Debtags for science)

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 07:52:17 UTC 2008

Hi,
This dicussion is moot and off-topic. Please return to the original subject.

It's trivial to setup just about any email server to use a smarthost
and identify it via an SSL certificate.
That way it will just keep the email and try to deliver it from time to time.
Debian will probably install for just about any email server a hook in
the ip-up.d directory, causing an immediate retry when a new network
connectivity was etablished. So I can just write the email and it will
be sent out via a secure SSL connection to my preferred mail server
without having to touch any special hackish configuration.

But usually - and I figure this was also the case in Enricos situation
- the problem is on the keyboard side.
When I write an email offline, I tend to put it into the *draft*
folders, and give me a second chance to edit it.
That's nothing software can fix. It might want to remind me of an
email in my drafts folder, but that's just about it.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
 erich@(mucl.de|debian.org) -- GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C (o_
 To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion. //\