Questions regarding "Smart Search" and Tagging via the Webinterface

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Mon Apr 6 16:32:04 UTC 2009

Hello,

in preparation of a presentation I will be holding about Debtags I would
like to ask some (further) questions:
     1. How does the smart search operate? One first provides a seed for
        a full-text search. Then the tag (sometimes multiple tags are
        selected here) occuring most often is choosen as wanted tag.
        That's the initial tag-set that is searched for. Entering a new
        search pattern produces a new set of "Available" tags. Does this
        search only the results of the previous search?
     2. For the tag-editor (web), how are the suggested tags computed?
        By AI-methods?
     3. On 26th September Enrico spoke about the presented usage of
        debtags for CDD-package selection at Firenze World Vision event.
        On 17th May 2005 Holger Levsen proposed the usage of tags for
        CDDs. Are you aware of any CDDs that are actually using Tags for
        their purpose, especially for handling the set of packages in
        the CDD?
     4. On 2nd March 2006 Enrico mentioned a discussion he had about
        debtags replacing tasksel. Is this currently pursued in any way?

Best regards

Ben