Refactoring the Debtags web interface

Ben Finney ben+debian at benfinney.id.au
Mon Feb 23 12:55:00 UTC 2009

Peter Palfrader <weasel at debian.org> writes:

> What's the point of an identity if you can't rely on it to be really
> that identity? Authentication that is trivally bypassed or forged is
> not really useful.

This thread [0] isn't the place to debate how useful OpenID is for
those who choose to use it.

I invite anyone interested in knowing how the distinct areas of
identity, trust, and security intersect with the OpenID system, to
research the available documentation.

[0] Not least because we're talking about adding OpenID authentication
to an entirely optional service that is currently used quite happily
by people without *any* assurance of identity, let alone security.

--
 \        “If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let |
  `\                 'em go, because, man, they're gone.” —Jack Handey |