Review of all the Debian Med debtags, and questions.

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 01:15:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org> wrote:
> Alternatively, we can stick to "works-with::sequence" if we can think of
> other sequences, non-biological but still somehow with similar behaviour
> as far as software is concerned, that software may work with.  I can't
> think of anything like that, so I'd go with "biological-sequence" at the
> moment, and we're always in time to rename it later.

On the risk of jumping in without proper context, would it make sense
in the debtags discussion to substitute biological-sequence with a
more finer granularity group: dna-sequence, protein-sequence,
rna-sequence? This way, there is no risk of ambiguity with other
areas, and also not all bioinformatics software deal with all kinds of
sequences. This would also lead to how to also proper tag other types
of protein representation, other than it's sequence (like the 3d model
of secondary and tertiary structures, crystallography data, etc).

regards
FF